While you are in Cheddar, here are some things you may like to do:
- Visit the Caves and Museum
- Take the open top bus ride through the Gorge – see goats, peregrine falcons etc.
- Go up to the viewing tower and do the Gorge Clifftop walk (3 miles)
- Visit the Cheese Company and take home some original Cheddar Cheese
- See the Cheddar Sweet Maker in action and visit the sweet shop
- Play Crazy Golf
- Visit the gift shops in the lower Gorge
- Do the walking tour of the history of Cheddar Village
- In season, try some Cheddar Strawberries
- Visit the Riverside Inn for a pint of Cheddar Potholer ale or Thatchers Traditional Cider (both locally produced)
- Eat at one of the many restaurants and tea rooms on our doorstep
There are a number of events in Cheddar throughout the year including ale, food and music festivals, running and cycling events, and the annual Cheddar Festive Night shortly before Christmas,
We are only a short drive from the historic city of Wells and the ancient town of Glastonbury, well known for its annual music festival and its Arthurian links. Heading in the other direction there are also good beaches at Burnham, Brean, and Weston Super Mare.
For more ideas visit the Cheddar Village web site.